Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sweat in my eyes

"I'm not trying to hurt you. I'm just trying to make you better." - Shaun T

Well, I've made it through two weeks of Insanity now. I accomplished my goal of making it through an entire warmup without taking a break. I would like to say that there's no going back now, but I realized today that one of the reasons I have been stopping is that my left calf is hurting so much. With my compartment syndrome I need to give it a break now and then and there is no break during the warmup.

Today I had my second dose of Pure Cardio for the week and an additional workout of Cardio Abs. Cardio Abs will take a little getting used to since there are no crunches. What's unique about this workout is almost every move is using your core from the bottom up. Instead of bringing your chest toward your waist you bring your legs toward your chest on most of the moves. It seems to work for Shaun T so I'm not going to argue with it.

One issue I have been having is trying to keep the sweat out of my eyes. These workouts do make you sweat a lot. I got a sweatband a while back for my head and it helps a little bit, but not enough. I always keep a towel handy so I can wipe my face during the breaks, but the Pure Cardio workout doesn't have many breaks. By the time I get to the stretch and cooldown at the end I'm pretty much doing it with my eyes closed. I guess it's good that I am getting so much of a workout to be sweating that much, but it gets pretty annoying. One of the guys that I coach has said he has the same issue with the P90X PlyoX workout and we haven't been able to come up with a good solution. If you have things that have worked for you, let me know.

So next up on the schedule is a day off, but I plan to play basketball. Then I do another Fit Test on Monday. Look for me to post the comparison of my day 1 and day 15 Fit tests on Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment