Thursday, November 3, 2011

Insanity Week 2

I'm starting to notice more differences in the Insanity workouts as I get used to them. The most difficult workout for me has been Pure Cardio. Unlike most of the other workouts, this one has no breaks once you get past the stretching portion. You start out with about an 8 minute warmup with no breaks, then some stretching, and then a whole lot of cardio. Each move is one minute and you go right from one thing into the next. It is challenging, but Pure Cardio has the most variety since you're not repeating the moves like in the other workouts.

I have Cardio Recovery today which is good since I have been a bit sore lately. It's a lot of stretching moves and holding of Yoga-like positions. There are a couple of times in the workout where you have to hold some uncomfortable positions for about a minute and do small pulsing movements. Those are really the only areas where I have had to take a little break now and then. Otherwise it is by far the easiest day.

The only other thing I need to work on right now is to quit eating peanut butter cups. I haven't had any today so I think I'm getting back on track. People say that Thanksgiving and Christmas are the most difficult holidays to get through in their diet. Mine is Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment