Thursday, November 10, 2011

Didn't Bring It

Ever have one of those days where you're just not into your workout? That was me yesterday. That's right, it even happens to me. I was doing Insanity Pure Cardio and realized pretty early on that it was going to be tough to get through. My left calf was really bothering me during the warmup and I started feeling pain in my neck and shoulder. This is one of the more difficult workouts so I knew what was coming up and I just couldn't get myself up to "bring it". I took more breaks than I have since I started the program and found myself watching the people working hard on the television while I was hunched over with my hands on my knees.

I also knew that I had the Cardio Abs workout on the schedule after I finished Pure Cardio. All I wanted to do was sit down on the couch, turn on the tv, and veg out. Maybe it was the long day of work with some less than ideal things to deal with, then stressing over being able to learn my lines for an upcoming Christmas play at church. Who knows. It just wasn't what I wanted to be doing when I got home.

So what did I do? Finished the workout and did the Cardio Abs. That's the advantage of scheduling your workouts. You know what you need to do and once you press play on the DVD player, you do it. I didn't do it well, but I pushed on.

During the workout Shaun T says "The stronger you get, the better you'll feel."

From that point on I knew that if I could just get through it, the next time will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment