Thursday, October 6, 2011

Without a plan

I've been working out without a plan for a couple of weeks now. I thought I would go back to P90X workouts for a few weeks, then take a week off for vacation, and come back to P90X until P90X2 comes out. But I started missing the Asylum workouts, especially the fact that they are usually 30 - 45 minutes long.

I find it is difficult to just decide at the last minute what I want to do. In fact, what I really want to do is lay down on the couch and watch a movie. That's why my brain must tell my body that it needs to push play on the workout video and do it. Once I'm started, I'm committed. It's starting that's the difficult part.

So tonight I decided to do P90X Back and Biceps mainly because I was looking for a good weightlifting workout. I am not as concerned for these next couple of months with keeping my weight down and I would like to increase my strength before starting P90X2. I did the Asylum Strength workout which mainly worked my chest and shoulders so I wanted to back off from that. In fact, I probably should have done a plyometric workout or yoga tonight, but I felt like lifting weights instead. I will probably be taking tomorrow off so I think this was a good choice.

I need to get back on some kind of a routine and have a plan so I don't fall into the danger of deciding not to work out. Take the decision making out of the equation and then there's nothing to it but to do it. I like these little quotes that Tony Horton and Shaun T use so I think I'm going to incorporate them into my posts from now on.

"Do your best and forget the rest." - Tony Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment