Sunday, October 23, 2011

Vacation Time

I've been out for the past week at Disney World in Florida. I chose to take a break from most online communications during that time. I'm back now and writing my first blog post since getting back from the trip. I knew it would be difficult to work out so I didn't plan any workouts, but I did get the Insanity program ordered in time so I would have it by the time we got back. I started with the fit test today.

I didn't have the best diet when we were there and did not bring any shakes with me, so I am planning to double-up on Shakeology for some of the days this week to get me back on track. I wouldn't say my diet was terrible, but it could have been better.

I don't want to be too hard on myself so here are some good things. I did plan to take the week off from structured workouts so I did that successfully. That was the easy part. I did purchase snacks at a grocery store that were not that bad for me. I also walked quite a bit each day with a backpack that had two full bottles of water. I went swimming with the kids one morning and did some laps in the pool. And one morning I did 100 push-ups. It's not much, but it was something.

I also know that there were some things I could have done better. The place we were staying had a blender, so if I would have done a little research I would have known to bring some Shakeology packets with me. They would be easy to pack and don't take up very much space. I also could have ordered a little better at some of the restaurants. There's always that part of you that says, "I'm on vacation so I'm going to eat whatever I want." I think that's fine, but there were a couple of times I went a little overboard. I think our eating schedule just got delayed enough that I was so hungry by the time we got to our meal. Then it is easy to overeat or make poor food choices.

I do think the best thing that I did was make a commitment to start up 60 days of Insanity for the week after getting back. It's good to give your body a break now and then and this will take me right through the holidays and give me a running start for P90X2 in January. So I should be back on track this week.

As Tony Horton says, "Cheeseburger bad, fries bad, Coca-cola...oops I said it. Drink your water people."

No comments:

Post a Comment