Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Beginning of the 400 Meter Dad Blog

This is my first blog post, so I'm not quite sure how I should begin. I think the reason I decided to start blogging was to get my training experiences out there. It may help others looking to do some of the same things I am doing and it will be a good way for me to look back on what I was doing and how it worked.

I think the question I get asked the most is why I do track and field events instead of road races. Road races like 5k fun runs seem to be more normal to people. It takes a certain level of intensity and dedication to train for shorter track races such as the 100, 200, and 400 meter dashes. It is difficult to get through an entire season without some kind of injury. I'll go more into my motivations and reasons for why I do what I do, but I will say that the main focus is always on giving myself a reason to train and keep myself fit and in shape.

Being in great shape is a byproduct of the training for the races. As Tony Horton says, "time keeps ticking and you can get better or you can get old and crochety."

I choose to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment