Monday, April 23, 2012

Still Fits

I had a red carpet premiere event of a video I worked on recently. I decided that I should probably wear a suit to the event. But wait, I have a tux that I had to buy back in 1992 when I was in my college Concert Chorale. I have no idea when the last time was that I wore the tux, but I thought I would try it on to see if it fits. Sure enough it fit just fine. I was able to wear the tux for the night pretty comfortably.

At the time I purchased the tux originally (1992), I had been through my first season of college cross-country. I wasn't able to put weight on if I tried, so it's pretty impressive that I am able to wear anything that I used to wear at that time. It's a great feeling to know that even after all the weight I put on since college, I have been able to get myself back to my college shape.

I've started up my second week of Insanity: Asylum this week. I feel like I've hit it pretty hard and I'm really feeling strong right now. I weighed in today and I'm down four pounds from my weigh-in last week. Some of that is probably water weight, but it's still good to be back down under 170 again. That's pretty low for me, but I think I can probably still drop about five more pounds by the end of the 30-day program.

“Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.”
—Jim Rohn

No comments:

Post a Comment