Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Time to get serious

Enough time off from workouts. Enough Reese's peanut butter eggs. Enough spending nights and weekends at work. It's time to get back on a program.

I finished up P90X2 and now I'm ready to get into my track training. I had a choice between doing the new 21-day Ultimate Reset or get myself back on a consistent workout schedule and eating plan. The reset seemed like a good option to reset my body since I've been slacking these past few weeks, but you're not supposed to work out while you're doing it. There is a group of coaches that are starting the Ultimate Reset so this would have been a good time. I just feel like working on my cardio and strength is a better option right now.

So here's my plan. Insanity: The Asylum for 30 days. I took new before pictures and statistics. I also video recorded my fit test and I will record a workout each week. When that's done I plan to do the P90X2/Asylum hybrid program that's included in the P90X2 guide. I'll have some track meets in there so hopefully those will fit in between the three phases. I think I'll stick with one or two track workouts each week and I'll try to do those on days that won't mess up the rest of the workouts. I should finish up around mid-August which will be right after the USA Track & Field National Masters Outdoor Championships. Then I'll think about doing the Ultimate Reset.

Sounds ambitious, I know. I'll just have to adjust and adapt my workouts based on my track schedule. This is the time to get serious. What I do now is going to have a big effect on what happens in August, so let's get out there and do this. No more messing around.

No comments:

Post a Comment