Sunday, December 4, 2011

Insanity Month 2

It's been a busy week with the P90X2 pre-orders coming to an end and working with a whole bunch of new Beachbody customers. I haven't posted here for a while, but I wanted to update a few things and briefly recap the week.

I finished the recovery week and thought I was ready to get back into the regular Insanity workouts. Anyone who has done Insanity knows that month 2 is more difficult than month 1. I did not preview any of the workouts ahead of time. I wanted it to be a nice surprise. Well, the first day has a fit test and a workout. That's the first time that the fit test isn't the workout. So I though maybe the workout would be short. Oh no. It is a full hour. And that's after the 25 minute fit test.

One thing I did for this one was write down the results of one of my workout buddies. I looked at his number right before I started and tried to hit it or surpass it. It was a great help because I know I probably would have given up earlier if I didn't have those numbers to shoot for. So thanks IceBandit. He just finished his last fit test and I don't know how I'm going to match his new numbers, but I guess I'll have to just do my best and forget the rest.

Here are the results for my third fit test with the first two for reference:

1. Switch Kicks
Day 1 - 41
Day 15 - 47
Day 36 - 61

2. Power Jacks
Day 1 - 42
Day 15 - 48
Day 36 - 48

3. Power Knees
Day 1 - 62
Day 15 - 80
Day 36 - 82

4. Power Jumps
Day 1 - 24
Day 15 - 30
Day 36 - 32

5. Globe Jumps
Day 1 - 7
Day 15 - 8
Day 36 - 9

6. Suicide Jumps
Day 1 - 14
Day 15 - 16
Day 36 - 19

7. Push-up Jacks
Day 1 - 25
Day 15 - 30
Day 36 - 33

8. Low Plank Oblique
Day 1 - 44
Day 15 - 45
Day 36 - 62

I had great improvement on some of my numbers simply because I was not just trying to beat my own numbers, but going for something more. That's going to help me get even better results because the brain usually gives out long before the body. So thanks again IceBandit.

"I've got 5 more in my brain. Can my body match my brain?" - Tony Horton (trying to crank out 5 more reps on push-ups)

No comments:

Post a Comment