Friday, December 16, 2011

First Indoor 400 Meters This Season

I normally don't do indoor races, mainly because I don't have a facility to train and would prefer to take the winter off of the track to recover. But this year since I am planning to really push for a good finish at the Outdoor Championships I want to get as many races in as I can. I'm going to head up to the Twin Cities this weekend to run in the Charities Challenge meet. I will run the 200 and 400 Meters.

I've had some soreness in my legs lately and I'm not entirely sure why. It could be the couple of days I tried to do double workouts of Insanity and P90X2. I had a few days off last week so I was feeling pretty good going into the week. I wanted to preview the P90X2 workouts so I can be ready to jump right in on January 2 when I officially start the program. I also want to make sure I finish up Insanity so I don't want to back off on those too much. So I have been doing both a morning and night workout, but really taking it pretty easy on the P90X2 program. I guess not easy enough though. After the Plyocide workout I have been pretty sore in my left hamstring and both calves. That's not a good thing to have going into a track meet. So last night I did Insanity Max Recovery and the night before that I did X2 Recovery + Mobility.

One thing about the X2 Recovery + Mobility is that it incorporates the foam or rumble roller into a large portion of the video. I can alread tell that the rumble roller is going to become one of my best friends this year. It's all the pain of getting a deep tissue massage on my legs without the expense and time of going to a massage therapist.

Well, I hope to have my brother videotape the race this weekend and I might post the video next week. Unless I do poorly.

No comments:

Post a Comment