Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The deal

I didn't realize it had been so long since I have put up a blog post. I've been spending a lot of time lately on Facebook and replying to emails about the Ultimate Reset. I guess I have neglected to post. There has been a lot going on lately. I was featured as the Transformation Tuesday on the Beachbody Ultimate Reset Facebook page about a month ago. Things have kind of taken off from there so September has been a good month. If you want to check out my review of the Ultimate Reset program and see the before and after pictures that Beachbody reposted, you can find them at www.PromiseToBeFit.com.

The main thing that's going on around our house right now is football. My son is in third grade and started tackle football this year. It's been an exciting past few weeks. I wasn't sure how he would like it, but he loves it. I wouldn't consider myself all that coordinated so I didn't know what to expect going into my son's first game. The first time he touched the ball in the game he ran the kickoff back for a touchdown. I don't know where he gets it from, but it's fun to watch.

So I made a deal with my son for the last game. He wanted to practice knocking the ball away on defense so he has me throw passes away from him and he tries to deflect them. I think he just likes diving for the ball. I told him that he should practice trying to intercept the ball instead of just keeping the receiver from catching it. He should also try to stay on his feet. I told him that if he returned an interception for a touchdown that we would go out to eat wherever he wanted after the game the next day. This seemed to get him pretty excited.

Now for anyone out there saying I am bribing my kid. I am not running some kind of bounty program. I am not paying him to make tackles or hurt other kids. We were going to go out to eat anyway and I was probably going to let him pick the place no matter what.

Anyway, we were at the last play of the game. Our boys were up 30-6 and the other team had the ball. Their quarterback dropped back to pass and threw it in the direction of the field that my son was covering. He went after the ball and got the interception. Then he broke a few tackles and ran to the outside and scored. That was it. He got the interception for the touchdown on the last play of the game. Of course he had already told all of his friends about the deal so they were pretty excited.

After the game I asked where he wanted to eat and he picked a restaurant that would have the Vikings game on while we eat. You couldn't have wiped the smile off of either of our faces all afternoon.

So the moral of this story - bribe your kids. It works.


No comments:

Post a Comment