Monday, January 30, 2012

How to keep going when life takes over

This is my craziest time of the year. I have a big project at work for our CEO with a tight deadline. As the deadline gets closer I know I will be working nights and weekends to get it done. Just because this big project is going on doesn't mean that everything else goes away either. So how does someone keep working out with even less available time in the day? The answer for me is commitment.

I have made a commitment to do my workouts and I am going to stick with it. That doesn't mean that I might not have to switch some workout days around or modify things a bit, but I will get my workouts in. I'll do it at 10 pm if I need to. As Jeff Hill said on one of the Team Beachbody Coach calls "Once you make a commitment, the decisions you make will be surrounded by that commitment."

There's a reason I started the P90X2 program. I want to to be healthy and energetic. I want to look good and feel good. If I forget that then I am simply going through the motions to get to the end. If I remember my "why" and focus on it, I can push harder and use that as my motivation to get through the tough times. Life rewards action.

I'll leave you with a couple of quotes today.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretzky

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." - Jim Rohn

No comments:

Post a Comment