Thursday, January 12, 2012

What I've been up to this year

It's been a busy couple of weeks. I haven't updated in a while, so here's a brief recap of what's been going on in this new year.

At the request of my Beachbody Coach I finally put together a YouTube video talking about my transformation journey. That took a fair amount of time to edit so I've been taking it easy on the blogging and updating at PromiseToBeFit.com since then. Here's what I put together for my transformation video:



After posting the video I was asked to write a guest article for Pledge 2 Stay Fit talking about my story. Here's a link to the article: How Team Beachbody and P90X Changed Pete Haack’s Life. It's also been picked up on a number of other sites as well, so I've been busy lately answering a lot of questions about my nutrition and workouts and helping others get started on their transformations.

I've also officially started P90X2. I'm about a week and a half into it. I had Lasik surgery two days ago so I had to take a couple of days easy, but I should be back to normal workouts soon.

Last Sunday I ran the 200 and 400 Meters at an indoor track meet. My 200 was almost identical in time to my previous meet a few weeks ago. My 400 did not go very well. I got out slow and never really figured out my pacing. I let myself get behind another runner and couldn't commit to whether or not I was going to pass him until it was too late. Indoor 400s are just difficult for me mentally to keep from relaxing too much on the first lap and leaving way too much for the end. I'm hoping to get one more meet in this year so I can at least post a decent time.

It was an all-ages meet so my son ran at the meet also and did quite well. I think I get more satisfaction from watching my kids accomplish things than I do for myself. So while I was disappointed with my performance, I was excited to see my son break two of the meet records. He cut about 25 seconds off of his previous 400 meter time...while I can't even cut 1/2 second off of my time. Oh, to be a kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment