Wednesday, September 14, 2011

P90X/Insanity: Asylum Hybrid Results

I finished up the P90X/Asylum hybrid program yesterday and had my after photos taken. I'll post my before and after pictures in a couple of days. I had them taken with a photographer this time and I am really happy with how they turned out. Here's a little preview.

I did the Asylum program along with my track workouts prior to the Masters US Championships, so I did not quite follow the program as written. This time I did the P90X/Asylum program pretty much on schedule with the program calendar. I'll throw a full review up on www.promisetobefit.com in a couple of weeks, but here is my basic review: It's hard. It's really hard.

This was the most challenging program I have done since college track & field practices. I finished up with the fit test that you do before and after the program and even that is a heck of a workout. I had forgotten how difficult the fit test was, and it's only 25 minutes long.

The main positives from the program are that it has really improved my endurance and brought my weight down lower than it has been in years. I weighed in yesterday at 162.5 lbs, the lowest I have been since 1996. For comparison, prior to my initial round of P90X I was typically somewhere between 180 - 190 lbs depending on the time of year.

With that being said, I will be taking a break from the Asylum for now. It's so intense that I think some time off will be good for my body. I'm not quite sure what I will do between now and when I start P90X2 in January, but I have some ideas. What I don't want to do is lose the momentum I have going or fall back too far in my fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment