Saturday, September 17, 2011

Before and After Photos

One of the most important things you can do when starting a fitness program is take your before photos and measurements. I have not always been good at doing this, but I did take some before photos when I started my first round of P90X. I'm very glad I did.

Body transformations don't take place overnight and it's often difficult to notice the small changes that take place when you see yourself in the mirror every day. They also say that you imprint a picture of what you look like in your mind and that image is usually from around age 18-20. So when many people visualize themselves, they have an image in their mind of their body that may not be reality.

In my case I had not looked at my before photos for quite a while, but I remember when I took them I thought I was looking pretty good. I did a few rounds of P90X and was feeling good and losing weight gradually over time. It wasn't until I started receiving a lot of comments from people who hadn't seen me in a while that I decided to look back at those photos and have a bodyfat test done. Boy was I happy that I took those pictures. That was not the body or the face that I saw in the mirror every day. I had become so accustomed to the small changes that I didn't notice the big changes that were taking place. It has given me motivation to keep going and not go back to that.

I don't really feel very comfortable posting photos of myself without a shirt on (especially my before photos), buy I do think it's important for people to see that you can get these kinds of results if you work at it. If there's a reason why I seem to be such a believer in the Beachbody programs, it's because I know they work. They worked for me and I have seen them work for many others. That's why I became an Independent Team Beachbody Coach. To help others to receive the same results I have.


Oh, and the results of my bodyfat test: 4.6%.

1 comment: