Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Here we go again

I decided to start up another round of P90X this week. I planned to take thing easy for a while, but I also could see that if I didn't have a plan for the next few months prior to when I get my P90X2 program, I was going to lose a lot of what I have gained over the summer. I feel like I am in great shape right now so I don't need to necessarily get better at this point, but I do want to keep from going backwards. I know I have a vacation coming up and I'm not planning to do much for workouts during that time.

The major thing that I noticed was that I did not feel sick from the Chest and Back workout this time. Now I did do the workout in the evening instead of the morning and I ate about an hour before doing the workout, so that may have helped. But I started off trying to pace myself and found that I was easily hitting the numbers that I was getting at the end of my last round of P90X. When I finished it up I was able to go right into Ab Ripper X.

Yesterday was the first time that I did the PlyoX workout for quite some time and it seemed easier than it has in the past. I guess when you've been doing Shaun T's Vertical Plyo workout anything seems easier. I do have to say that even though PlyoX seemed easier, it was by no means easy. It just means that I could stick with pretty much the entire routine and work on keeping better form and jumping higher. The workouts are always as difficult as you make them so I still have room for improvement. I try to stick with Dom as much as I can until the jump knee tuck where he has to go double-time. Maybe next time.

I've got to say, it feels good to feel good. Especially after a workout that used to pummel me into the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment