Monday, May 28, 2012

The family that runs together has fun(s) together

I thought I would get a track workout in this weekend. Unfortunately, I trusted the psychics who predict the weather and said it was going to be storming all morning. I got up and did a plyometrics workout indoors and then looked outside to see a beautiful day outside. I'm kind of a fairweather runner. I will always work out, but I don't like running at the track if it isn't nice out. I'm doing this for fun and running on a sloppy track and wrecking my shoes is not fun for me.

The Minnesota State Games has Track and Field events for all ages coming up in less than a month. My son has competed with me for the past couple of years and really enjoys it. My daughter said that she would like to run this year. I told her that if she came to the track with me for a workout that she could run. I want to make sure she can handle the start and stay in her lane. She did very well, even with all of the advice from her big brother.


If any of you know how hard it is to write a blog post while your 5 year-old is asking question after question about what you're writing you'll understand why I'm going to wrap up this post. I think we're going to play some Kinect Sports Track and Field.

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment