Friday, June 22, 2012

Getting Ready for the State Games


Even T is getting some foam rolling in tonight
Tomorrow is the MN State Games so it's a busy night of getting ready. I'll be running the 100, 200, and 400 meters. Both my son and daughter will also be running. My daughter is five and this is her first track meet so she'll probably just do the 100, but possibly a 200 as well. We'll see how the 100 goes. My son will run the 100 and 200. He's signed up for the 400 so if he wants he can run in that, but it's up to him. You never know what kind of mood the kids will be in. It usually depends on how well they do or think they might do. I can almost be assured that if my son thinks he can win a medal in the 400 that he will run it.

So tonight is a stretch/recovery night. I don't do a workout on the day before an important meet so I can give my legs a break. I also try to get some foam rolling in to work out some of the knots in my legs and upper back. I used to go to a massage therapist a couple of days before a meet, but if I'm not in really rough shape I can get by with just the foam rolling. I recently purchased a smaller Rumble Roller that I can bring along with me to meets. The larger one that I have does not travel well, but this should fit right in my bag so I can use it between races.
I only had one track workout this week, but next month I will go with two. One will be early in the week and the other on the weekend. This meet tomorrow will take the place of a workout. Then next weekend is the Warrior Dash so I will definitely need some recovery after that.

Well, I've got some foam rolling to do and we've got an early morning. I'll post our results later this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment